US-Brazil connect looks to bring communities in the US and Brazil together for common good.
The US-BRAZIL Partnership for Skills
US-Brazil Connect, the National Industrial Apprenticeship Service of Brazil (SENAI), and the Social Service for Industry of Brazil (SESI) are piloting a new workforce training initiative: the US-Brazil Partnership for Skills.
- Provides a transformative leadership development experience for outstanding U.S. community college students (US-Brazil Connect Fellows) through preparation and a fully funded, paid 4-week internship experience in Brazil;
- Strengthens English of technical students in Brazil;
- Builds the foundation for a mutually-beneficial and sustainable US-Brazil workforce partnership between the Brazilian technical education system of SENAI and SESI and community colleges in the United States.
Science Without Borders
The Brazilian government’s Science Without Borders program will provide scholarships to 100,000 Brazilian students in the fields of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) for 1 year of study at colleges and universities in the United States. Brazilian students then return to complete their degrees in Brazil.
Recognizing the unique expertise U.S. community colleges can bring to this initiative, US-Brazil Connect is working with the Brazilian National Council of Federal Institutions for Professional Education, Science and Technology (CONIF) to develop programs that leverage the capacity of community colleges in support of Science without Borders.
US-Brazil Connect initiates and collaborates on various events that enhances the US and Brazil cultural understanding and relationship.
- Brazilian Poetry: In November 2011, we joined forces to bring Brazilian poet Claudia Roquette-Pinto to the US to conduct poetry readings at Yale, Northwestern, Smith, University of Colorado, Community College of Aurora and more.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: We’re collaborating with the Denver Botanic Gardens to develop a unique Brazil experience for members of the Gardens. Details to follow.
Have other ideas or want to collaborate? Contact Us!